To support the delivery of IT projects guided by the Project Management Framework (PMF) by performing project assurance activities across the IT project portfolio through:
- Collaborative facilitation in the development of a fit-for-purpose project tailoring plan for a new IT project;
- Facilitation of IT project gate reviews and assessments (wherein gate reviews are control points for management to assess if it is still feasible to proceed with the project);
- Conduct of IT project health checks and formulation of recommendations to help the projects “go-back-to-Green” by determining whether the IT project is:
- following its timeline,
- on budget,
- achieving its objectives and scope,
- managing risks and issues effectively,
- within acceptable quality.
- Review, maintenance, and improvement of the processes and artifacts covered by OIST PMF.
Project Assurance Analyst once assigned to a project shall be charged to the project’s budget accordingly, while costs incurred while the resource is doing operational or non-project work shall be covered by budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The personnel will be part of the Project Assurance. He/she will report to the IT Specialist (Portfolio Management) and Senior IT Officer (Portfolio Management) under the Director. The personnel will report full-time during the engagement period.
- In collaboratively facilitating the development of a new IT project’s tailoring plan:
- Provides advisory services to the Project Manager and Project Lead in tailoring the applicable project management and delivery processes and artifacts after approval of the new project’s Business Case;
- Provides the necessary support services in mapping the selected and SDLC artifacts applicable to the vendor’s project management and delivery artifacts (preferably before the conclusion of the contract negotiation with the vendor).
- In conducting IT project gate reviews:
- Works collaboratively with the Project Manager (PM) and assigned Project Administrator (PA) in providing support for the project gate reviews where appropriate and
- Ensures that decisions and action items made during project gate reviews are tracked and communicated to the pertinent stakeholders.
- In conducting IT project health checks:
- Works collaboratively with the Project Manager (PM) and assigned Project Administrator (PA) in eliciting information, conducting interviews and other necessary activities in the conduct of a “quick or thorough” health check of the project;
- Reviews and analyzes project management artifacts as tailored in the project tailoring plan and in compliance with PMF;
- Writes IT project health check reports and recommendations (including identification of best practices and “go-back-to-Green” activities if needed);
- Performs report presentations as required;
- Performs other related activities as required.
- May escalate issues/risks that require OIST management action and develop other ad-hoc reports related to project assurance as required by management.