The purpose of this document is to define statement of work requirements for a Business Analyst (BA) to support BPM projects in a business area.
The Business Analyst:
• Business Analysts are persons who perform business analysis activities, no matter what their job title or organizational role may be.
The BPM Team:
• A team in Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) which employs a strategic approach in improving business processes and aligning IT with the clients’ needs. BPM is a promoter of business effectiveness and efficiency through innovation, flexibility and integration with technology.
The BA provides achieved information through process improvement activities to the BPM Manager. The above-mentioned work and related deliverables must anticipate and complement the work being done in the BPM Team.
BA also works with the other BPM Specialist within the BPM Team in delivering process improvement and contributing towards the establishment and enhancements to the BA Center of Excellence
BA connects with the Business Owner and Project Manager for support and implementation of programs and projects depending on the selected business area above.
• At least five (8) years’ experience in total and three (3) years’ in a senior business analysis role
which should be working with senior users;
• At least three (3) years’ experience in leading team member of business analysts;
• Proactively propose and execute the standardization for not only own work area, but also other
function area or project
• Proactively search and implement convenient online or desktop tools for work efficiently
• Must have extensive experience using Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio,
Project) for professional documentation;
• Must be conversant with project management lifecycle and systems development lifecycle;
• Must be resourceful for research & report; and
• Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Business Process Management and Integration
• Previous experience in process improvement is preferred
• BPE/BPR/BPI knowledgeable
• Operational experience
• Package System and Quality Control experience
• Preferred to be familiarized in Business Process Modeling methodology such as BPMN
• Preferred to be familiarized in Business Process Modeling methodology such as BPMN, IDEF etc. and Enterprise Architecture framework such as Togaf, Zachman
• Experience on systems development lifecycle principles(SDLC)
• Communicate with business users, the AS-IS, TO-BE, via Context Diagrams
• Experience in Requirements gathering and elicitation• Experience in Verification and Validation of requirements
• Work together with the business users and other IT team members to develop project scope analysis and business case.
• Transfer knowledge from business to technical resources.
• Develop overall architecture diagram that shows interlinks between systems.
• Proactively identify and assess risk and escalates to the project manager.
• Business process risk and controls quickly and engages key stakeholders in resolving issues and closing process gaps
• Ability to co-ordinate UAT, and define testing requirements with the QA team and User.
• Document/update Board Documents, Business Concept Implementation Request, Business Case, Formal Change Request, and Concept Paper.
• Document and update Business Process Documents, High Level Architecture Document, Data Flow Diagram, and Entity Relationship Diagram in System Architect.
• Document and update Business requirement, Functional requirement, Non-Functional requirement, and Functional Design documents if relevant.
Reporting and Analytics
• Conduct preliminary data analysis to assess the nature of data.
• Liaise with relevant people to understand data better.
• Ask questions from key stakeholders for missing data and information.
• Well-versed in performing analysis of data sources and data distribution processes to ensure data integrity, completeness and accuracy.
• Experienced in database concepts like Normalization, SQL, DBMS, and ETL.
• Understanding of networks, operating systems and technology system interfaces is preferred.
• Familiarity with Reports, Balance Scorecard, and KPI is preferred.
• Experience with database queries, stored procedure, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data cube technology is preferred.
• Reporting Tool experience is preferred.
• Experienced in Administrative Services
o Asset management
• IT Services experience
• HRIS domain knowledge
• Procurement, Contracting and Contracts Administration
• Experienced with incident statistics and analysis of specific problem areas including key updates on ongoing service improvement initiatives. Root cause analysis and corresponding action owners included.
• Exposure to accounting policies and principles to properly record, report and maintain financial data associated with operational activities
• Knowledge of Investment Banking
TERMS OF REFERENCE
• Interpret data in areas such as budgets, financial planning and forecasting, cash flow projections, etc.
• Coordinate, organize and direct organization of projects and processes related to the financial sector of the business.
• Financial Accounting
o Account Payable process knowledge
o General Ledger process knowledge
• Oracle EBS AP & GL user operation knowledge
• Regulatory Reporting experience is desired.
• Financial sector experience in the administration of a portfolio of private equity funds
• Preferably with experience related to equity and fund analysis, financial investment work or investment analysis.
Knowledge Management and Collaboration
• Demonstrate understanding of Organizational Knowledge
• Experience working within a process of capturing, developing, sharing, and effectively using organizational knowledge
• Previous experience with any KM and Collaboration Tools, such as CMS.
• Previous business consulting experience in process improvement regarding KM.
• eLearning experience is preferred
Enterprise Risk Management
• Knowledge of Investment Banking and Trading products
• Experience in Treasury
• Experience in Risk Management
• Treasury operations and products, particularly, swap, options and other derivative structures
• Knowledge in securities instruments/settlements and banking process
• Performed risk and controls assessment
• Work on risk mitigation, controls validation, action plans implementation, monitoring and documentation
• Able to define Banking Risk
• Able to understand P/L
• Exposure to Risk Reporting
• Experience in digital asset management, document imaging, and workflow systems and records management systems.
• Enterprise Content Management System exposure
o Enterprise system to provide storage, versioning, metadata, security, as well as indexing and retrieval capabilities
• Contract Lifecycle management exposure
• Able to document workflows
• Document Control tasks such as:
o Reviewing and approving documents prior to release
o Reviews and approvals
o Ensuring changes and revisions are clearly identified
o Ensuring that relevant versions of applicable documents are available at their “points of use”
o Ensuring that documents remain legible and identifiable
o Ensuring that external documents like customer supplied documents or supplier manuals are identified and controlled
o Preventing “unintended” use of obsolete documents
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Enterprise Resource Planning
• Familiarity with ERP business processes, such as order-to-cash (OTC).
• Knowledge of Banking Is preferred.
• Experience in the operation, maintenance and support of:
• General Ledger
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Fixed Assets
• Cash Management
• Planning and Budgeting
• Oracle EBS AP & GL operation knowledge is preferred
Subscribe to our referral program and get as much as Php 20,000 in referral fees! Once you subscribe to the e-mail list, we will be sending you news and updates on job offers and more.