• To conduct IT project health checks for OIST projects (wherein health checks are used to determine whether projects are well-governed);
• To ensure that IT project health check is an effective mechanism of IT project governance to determine whether the IT project is:
o following its timeline,
o on budget,
o achieving its objectives and scope,
o managing risks and issues effectively,
o within acceptable quality.
• If required, to conduct IT project gate reviews (wherein gate reviews are control points for management to assess if it is still feasible to proceed with the project);
• To ensure compliance with the IT Project Management Framework (PMF) of OIST.
The IT project health checks and gate reviews to be handled by the IT Governance and Portfolio Management Unit (OIOD-GP) shall cover all OIST projects. The time spent by the Senior Health Check Analyst once assigned to a project shall be charged to the project’s budget accordingly, while costs incurred while the resource is doing operational or non-project work shall be covered by OIOD-GP (through the AE Budget).
• The personnel will be part of the Portfolio team of OIOD-GP and will report to the IT Specialist (Portfolio Management) and Senior IT Officer (Portfolio Management) under the Advisor, OIST and Head, OIOD-GP. He/She will report full-time during the engagement period at the company, located at Ortigas Center, Pasig;
• In conducting IT project health checks:
o Reviews and analyzes project artifacts for compliance to the IT-PMF of OIST;
o Writes IT project health check reports and recommendations (including identification of best practices and remediation activities as required);
o Performs report presentations as required;
o Participates in the improvement of the PMF as needed;
o Prepares and revises PMF templates as needed; and
o Performs other related activities as required.
• In conducting IT project gate reviews (if required):
o Coordinates with the Project Manager (PM) and assigned Project Administrator (PA) in providing support for the project gate reviews where appropriate;
o Ensures that project gate review meetings are effective; and
o Ensures that decisions made during project gate reviews are communicated to the
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration/Management, Accounting, Computer Science/Studies, IT, or Engineering;
• 3+ years of relevant experience in IT project management (preferably in IT consulting, software development, or IT infrastructure projects);
• At least 2 years working experience in performing project health check / control or IT process audit; and
• Preferably with experience in using SDLC (especially “agile” methods) in delivering IT solutions.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management, including project management techniques and tools;
• Knowledge of IT governance (preferably COBIT 5);
• Working experience in planning and controlling processes for large and complex IT capital programs and projects, involving system development, integration and implementation;
• Working experience in project risk management with analytical skills to discern possible risk items in implementing an IT project; and
• Knowledge of IT as applied in an enterprise environment.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
• Ability to engage senior executives in a multi-cultural environment;
• Very attentive to details and methodical with work;
• Ability to balance short and long-term priorities;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and
• Self-driven, and can work with minimal supervision.
• Proficient in MS Office and with working knowledge of MS Project.
• Preferably CAPM / PMP, PMI-RMP / CRISC, CISA, ITIL, PMI-ACP/ AgilePM, PSM/CSM certified or other related certifications
Subscribe to our referral program and get as much as Php 20,000 in referral fees! Once you subscribe to the e-mail list, we will be sending you news and updates on job offers and more.