• To provide project management support and administration services for OIST projects;
• To allow the technical Project Managers (PMs) and Project Leads (PLs) to focus more on the solution and delivery of a project; and
• To assist OIST projects in complying with the Project Management Framework (PMF).
The project management and administration support provided by the IT Governance and Portfolio Management Unit (OIOD-GP) shall cover all OIST projects. The time spent by the Associate Project Administrator once deployed to a project shall be charged to the project’s budget accordingly, while costs incurred while the resource is doing operational or non-project work shall be covered by OIOD-GP (through the AE Budget).
• The personnel will be part of the project delivery support resource pool of OIOD-GP and will report to the IT Specialist (Portfolio Management) and Senior IT Officer (Portfolio Management) under the Advisor, OIST and Head, OIOD-GP for overall project, program and portfolio support activities, report preparation and other related concerns. He/She will report full-time during the engagement period at the company, located at Ortigas Center, Pasig.
• Assists PMs and PLs in developing their project schedules, and ensures that the schedule information are up-to-date;
• Reviews and understands the project schedules and seeks from and provides input to the PMs and PLs to determine whether the sequence of activities will deliver the product and project scope within the parameters of the project objectives (deadlines and budget and functionality);
• Creates and maintains all project-related records into the company’s project management tools, such as project information, schedules, resources, financials, exceptions and other ad-hoc information;
• Ensures that resource timesheets are up-to-date;
• Develops and maintains the resource plan (including resource utilization, renewals, releases, engagements, etc.);
• Develops and maintains project budget, including expenditure forecast and recording of actual expenditures;
• Monitor actual progress versus planned progress (e.g.., %Completion and Schedule Variance of the project);
• Performance of the above responsibilities using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Enterprise Project Management software (EPMS), and other tools used by the company;
• May seek the assistance of a Project Planner/Scheduler (PS) for the following:
o Developing complex project schedules;
o Ensuring the integrity and update of the project plan’s baseline and that the published workplan has the latest information;
o Setting up the assigned resources and corresponding allocation of each resource to a
project or operational workplan;
o Fine-tuning the activity and task details if needed by adjusting task relationships, setting
up constraints, changing the task types, entering deadline dates, and setting up recurring
o Resolving cases of resource over-allocation in projects;
• Advises the PMs and PLs to raise potential project risks and issues, including recommendations on how to mitigate a project risk or resolve a project issue;
• Prepares, establishes, and maintains the project artifacts (including Business Cases) for the PMs and PLs;
• Establishes and maintains the project’s collaboration site;
• Ensures that the project complies with OIST’s PMF, including preparation for health checks, IT attestation, and IT audit exercises;
• Assists the PMs in preparing presentation materials and minutes for the IT Committee (ITC), project steering committee, and other pertinent stakeholder meetings;
• Prepares reports related to the above and other project ad-hoc reporting requirements;
• Prepares process documentation for above responsibilities and be able to transfer knowledge to other project staff and personnel;
• Performs other project-related work and outputs required by OIOD-GP.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields;
• 5+ years of Project Management experience demonstrated by a proven track record of success in multiple IT projects (preferably related experience in software solution delivery and/or IT infrastructure/network projects);
• 3+ years’ experience with SDLC (preferably with experience in using “agile” methods in delivering software solutions);
• Preferably with experience as IT project administrator or coordinator.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management;
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools;
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in planning and monitoring processes for IT capital projects, involving system development, integration and implementation;
• Proven experience in project planning, risk management, and people management;
• Experience in working with technical teams and driving initiatives/work across multiple areas from solution development perspective;
• Ability to manage competing priorities on an ongoing basis, preferably in negotiating priorities and resolving conflicts;
• Understanding of application programming, database and system design especially for software solution delivery.
• Relationship management skills (influence, negotiation, consulting, etc.)
• Capable of working well with teams;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Self-driven, and can work with minimal supervision.
• Proficient in project management software (preferably MS Project) and MS Office
• Preferably CAPM, PMP, PRINCE2, AgilePM, PMI-ACP, PSM/CSM, ITIL certified or other related certifications
Subscribe to our referral program and get as much as Php 20,000 in referral fees! Once you subscribe to the e-mail list, we will be sending you news and updates on job offers and more.