Senior Project Assurance Analyst
To support the delivery of IT projects guided by the OIST Project Management Framework (PMF) by performing project assurance activities across the IT project portfolio through:
- Collaborative facilitation in the development of a fit-for- purpose project tailoring plan for a new IT project;
- Planning and Facilitation of IT project gate reviews and assessments (wherein gate reviews are control points for management to assess if it is still feasible to proceed with the project);
- Conduct of IT project health checks and formulation of recommendations to help the projects “go-back- to-Green” by determining whether the IT project is:
- following its timeline,
- on budget,
- achieving its objectives and scope,
- managing risks and issues effectively,
- within acceptable quality.
- Review, maintenance, and improvement of the processes and artifacts covered by OIST PMF.
IT project assurance shall be facilitated and supported by the Portfolio Management team of the OIST Program Management Division (OIPM) and shall cover OIST projects. The time spent by the Senior Project Assurance Analyst once assigned to a project shall be charged to the project’s budget accordingly, while costs incurred while the resource is doing operational or non-project work shall be covered by OIPM’s AE budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The personnel will be part of the Project Assurance team as part of OIPM’s Portfolio Management team. He/she will report to the IT Specialist (Portfolio Management) and Senior IT Officer (Portfolio Management) under the Director, OIPM. The personnel will report full-time during the engagement period at HQ;
- In collaboratively facilitating the development of a new IT project’s tailoring plan:
- Provides advisory services to the Project Manager and Project Lead (PL) in tailoring the applicable project management and delivery processes and artifacts after approval of the new project’s Business Case;
- Provides the necessary support services in mapping the selected OIST’s PMF and SDLC artifacts applicable to the vendor's project management and delivery artifacts (preferably before the conclusion of the contract negotiation with the vendor).
- In planning and conducting IT project gate reviews (if required by OIST Management/OMT or the Project Sponsor/s):
- Provides advisory services to the PM and PL in determining the applicable project gates, considering the project’s tailoring plan;
- Works collaboratively with the Project Manager (PM) and assigned Project Administrator (PA) in providing support for the project gate reviews where appropriate;
- Ensures that project gate review meetings are effective; and
- Ensures that decisions and action items made during project gate reviews are tracked and communicated to the pertinent stakeholders.
- In conducting IT project health checks:
- Works collaboratively with the Project Manager (PM) and assigned Project
- Administrator (PA) in eliciting information, conducting interviews and other necessary activities in the conduct of a “quick or thorough”health check of the project;
- Reviews and analyzes project management artifacts as tailored in the project tailoring plan and in compliance with OIST PMF;
- Writes IT project health check reports and recommendations (including identification of best practices and “go-back- to-Green” activities if needed);
- Performs report presentations as required;
- Performs other related activities as required.
- May be assigned to consolidate and report statuses and other pertinent information of on-going project assurance activities to OIPM management, escalation of issues/risks that may require OIST management action, and develop other ad-hoc reports related to project assurance as required by OIPM management.
- Will mentor and may be assigned to lead Associate Project Assurance Analyst/s and other resources (if deemed necessary by OIPM management).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration/Management, Accounting, Computer Science/Studies, IT, or Engineering;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in IT project management (preferably in IT consulting, software development, or IT infrastructure projects);
- At least 3 years working experience in performing project assurance, health check / control or IT process / project audit;
- Preferably with experience in using SDLC (especially “iterative and agile” methods) in delivering IT solutions; and
- Preferably with experience in contract and procurement management.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of program and project management, including project management techniques and tools;
- Knowledge of IT governance (preferably COBIT 5);
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in defining, planning and controlling processes for large and complex IT capital programs and projects, involving system development, integration and implementation;
- Proven experience in project risk management with strong analytical skills to discern possible risk items in implementing an IT project; and
- Broad knowledge of IT as applied in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Comfortable in engaging senior executives in a multi-cultural environment;
- Very attentive to details and methodical with work;
- Ability to balance short and long-term priorities;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Self-driven, and can work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office and with working knowledge of MS Project.
- Must be either PMP, PRINCE2, PMI-ACP, or Agile-PM certified;
- Preferably PMI-RMP / CRISC, ITIL, PSM/CSM, CISA certified or other related certifications.
JOIN OUR REFERRAL PROGRAM
Subscribe to our referral program and get as much as Php 20,000 in referral fees! Once you subscribe to the e-mail list, we will be sending you news and updates on job offers and more.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.